How to apply
As of 1st April 2015 all grant applications to the Trust should be made online. However, if you need a version of the application form in a more accessible format please email email@example.com stating your preferred format.
The Trustees usually consider applications three times a year in March, July and November. The next grant making meeting will be on the 22nd March 2017 and the final closing date for the submission of online applications for this meeting is the 22nd February 2017.
Please read our Guidelines and Exceptions before you decide to apply. In order to complete the online application form, you will need to be able to provide the following information and attach the specified documents:
- Your organisation details including your legal status (i.e. charity commission registration number, company number or charity exempt regulator)
- The amount you are requesting
- A contact for this application
- The purpose of the grant including details of who will benefit, timescale, funds already raised and balance required
- The UK region it will benefit and which of our funding priorities it applies to
- Your charitable objects (as stated in your governing document) and charitable activities
- The names of Trustees or committee members
- A financial summary of the organisation’s most recent accounts including income and expenditure
- Declaration of any relationship or connection with any Trustee of The D’Oyly Carte Charitable Trust
- A Trustee Financial Declaration to be signed by a Trustee of the charity (please see the FAQ page for text)
- Details of other funders you have approached for this project or application
You must attach:
- Your most recent accounts
- A detailed budget for your project if appropriate
- A signed and scanned copy of the Trustee Financial Declaration
- A cover letter on the charity’s letterhead which should include clear details of the need the application is intended to meet and how work supported will continue after the Trust’s grant is completed with plans for monitoring and evaluation
You may also attach:
- Additional material you feel will support your application (please do not attach films, these will not be viewed and may result in your application being rejected)
Should assistance or advice be required with an application please telephone the Grants Administrator on 0203 637 3003 who will be happy to help.